Tuesday, February 11, 2014

5 Stars! Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi

Into the Still Blue (Under the Never Sky, #3)The earth-shattering conclusion to Veronica Rossi's "masterpiece" Under the Never Sky trilogy and sequel to the New York Times bestsellingThrough the Ever Night (Examiner.com).

Their love and their leadership have been tested. Now it's time for Perry and Aria to unite the Dwellers and the Outsiders in one last desperate attempt to bring balance to their world.

The race to the Still Blue has reached a stalemate. Aria and Perry are determined to find this last safe-haven from the Aether storms before Sable and Hess do-and they are just as determined to stay together.

Meanwhile, time is running out to rescue Cinder, who was abducted by Hess and Sable for his unique abilities. And when Roar returns to camp, he is so furious with Perry that he won't even look at him, and Perry begins to feel like they have already lost.

Out of options, Perry and Aria assemble a team to mount an impossible rescue mission-because Cinder isn't just the key to unlocking the Still Blue and their only hope for survival, he's also their friend. And in a dying world, the bonds between people are what matter most.

In this final book in her stunning Under the Never Sky trilogy, Veronica Rossi raises the stakes to their absolute limit and brings her epic love story to an unforgettable close.



Review:

“We all have the potential to do terrible things. But we also have the potential to overcome our mistakes.”

100% WORTH THE WAIT!

The strength of all three of these books has always been the characters so that's what I am going to "dwell" on (get it?)

Rossi makes her characters so real, so lovable (and so very hateable as well!)

Perry. 
Of course he had his faults but Perry is wonderful. I absolutely adore the love that Perry has for his nephew, Talon. He is fierce and brave when it comes to protecting the ones he loves

Roar.
So beautifully broken and passionate, so funny and caring. I was so heartbroken at the beginning when Roar was lashing out, but it was interesting to see another side of him and even better when he reverted back to his old self. I loved .

Soren.
He surprised me. Just like Rossi had promised! It was fascinating to watch Soren go from a psychopath to a character essential who played a VITAL role in making it to the Still Blue

And . . . SPOILER ALERT!


Cinder.
it was expected, I am oh so bummed that there was no way to get around Cinder having to die but a good book isn't always just sunshine and rainbows! I love Cinder for his bravery and I really wish things didn't have to end the way they did for him, I really wanted him to be able to be normal :(

Aria.
Oh Aria, can we all just take a minute to bask in the glow that is Aria? I don’t know about anyone else but she is one of my favorite female characters. Can we talk about this chicks character development throughout this series?!?! She went from a spoiled Dweller scared out of her mind over everything and she became a strong woman (stronger than all the men!) Also, I can't remember if she was always such a smart ass in the other two novels but I couldn't get enough of it in this book! So funny! I just LOVE Aria! I loved how she wouldn't give in to Sable how she was always just telling him how she wished him dead rather than drowning in her grief and moping. RESPECT!

Talon, Willow, Reef, Marron, Brooke/Laurel, etc., etc. The love I have for all the characters is unending!

Along with the amazing characters Rossi has created and perfected, wonderful relationships formed as well. Although I not a hater of the love triangle, I do appreciate that there wasn't one because it would have ruined and beautiful friendship between Aria and Roar. 

Some Minor Issues I had:

I really wish we could have had a bit more of Aria's Dweller friends. Caleb seemed like a sweet funny guy and I would have liked to see more development with him and all the Dwellers.

SPOILER
Everything leading up to the loss of Cinder was devastating. However, when it finally happened, I felt emotionally...lacking. Then afterwards I was back to being upset but I wasn't connected to the moment         like I should have been

The biggest problem I have with the series is that IT'S OVER but I WANT MORE!!!

Veronica Rossi I'm gonna need for you to write some more books particularly ones with Roar as the MC
kthanksbye! :)

All in all, I loved the crap outta this book! 5 Stars!
         

Into the Still Blue (Under the Never Sky, #3)  Into the Still Blue (Under the Never Sky, #3)  Into the Still Blue (Under the Never Sky, #3)  Into the Still Blue (Under the Never Sky, #3)  Into the Still Blue (Under the Never Sky, #3)

5 "Into the Still Blue"s




No comments:

Post a Comment